Orange is the fruit of citrus species in the family Rutaceae. It is one of the most cultivated fruit trees in the world and are widely grown in tropical and subtropical climates for their fruits. Originated from South-Eastern Asia, the fruit can be eaten fresh, or processed for its juice or fragrant peels. The orange world’s total production by 2013 is at 71.4 million metric tonnes with production being the highest in Brazil and the US.
- Different varieties from sweet orange, persian, navel, valencia and blood orange.
- Majority comes with an orange colour on the outside and on the inside.
- Round shape with a succulent texture.
- Pulpy Flesh with a sweet and sour taste.
- Fruit with low-calorie snacks.
- Orange Juice.
- The highest source of Vitamin C.