One of the popular pomaceous fruits, the apple is highly valued for its extended storage life and yields. Also known as the Malus domestica, and a part of the Rosaceae family, the Apple consists of more than 8,000 different varieties of the fruit. It is native to central Asia, the apple is one of the most widely-cultivated fruits on the planet and by 2013, apples’ worldwide production accounted for 80.8 million tonnes, with China accounting for 49% in total.
- Round shape with a depression at the top (near the connected stem).
- Some are entirely round, narrow around the bottom and thinner at the top.
- Comes with various of different hues colors, most commonly red or green with yellow and bicolored.
- Crispy flesh and juicy pulp with off-white to cream in color internally
- Mix of mild sweet and tart flavor taste.
- The seeds are bitter in taste and inedible.
- Table fruits or desserts.
- Cooking Apples.
- Apple Sauce.
- Baked apple.
- Apple Juice.
- Apple cider vinegar.
- Apple cake.